Hello, thank you for visiting the Flawless Smile Dentistry blog. I’m Doctor Ali Torabi. Along with my fantastic team, I have been providing exceptional dental care since 2008.
Today’s post is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA insignia on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental association?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed mission is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local chapters. It was established in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a confirmation of the assertions made by said product. Companies who want the ADA seal for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA seal.
The ADA does more than assess dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to discharge its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to expand access to dental care
- Offers counsel on important issues that influence the dental industry
- Cooperates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
For more information about the ADA, visit http://www.ada.org/en/about-the-ada
Contact Flawless Smile Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):